Xiaomi Tool is a software that automates the complete procedure of installing any MIUI OM Builds to make it easy. This tool basically makes it easy to flash an MIUI ROM from one build to the other. This tool not only helps in flashing but also detects which ROM is compatible with your device, which in my opinion, is the hardest part. Here is how you can Download Xiaomi Tool.
Another great thing about this tool is that it is available in a huge number of languages including – English, Italian, Portuguese, Hindi, German, Polish, Croatian and Spanish. Hence anyone can use it with ease. This tool was developed by Francesco Tescari. According to him, the tool works by detecting the variant or type of your device when you connect it to the PC. The Bootloader of your device should be unlocked here.
Then the Xiaomi tool looks for the available ROM versions and finds the compatible one with your device. It can also flash TWRP Recovery. Hence you can use it to flash a custom recovery as well as to flash a Custom ROM. Isn’t that amazing? Well, there’s more to it. Here are some specifications of the Xiaomi Tool. Take a look –
Xiaomi Tool Features
- Install a custom recovery (TWRP or else)
- Emergency mode flash (EDL)
- Flashing options like ‘Flash all’, ‘Flash all except data and storage’, ‘Flash all except Storage’, etc.
- Stock recovery flash
- Xiaomi Mi flash along with ADB Tool, Drivers software files, and flash file.
- Inbuilt Mi Flash drivers like Microsoft MTP, ADB Tool and the Drivers software, RNDIS Driver and Qualcomm USB sequential Drivers.
- Install any other twrp flashable ROM (such as LineageOS, resurrection remix, etc.)
- Install official ROMs(Global stable/developer or China stable/developer)
- Auto-fetch Fastboot official ROM
- Auto-fetch Recovery official ROM
- Auto-fetch Xiaomi.eu ROM
- Auto-fetch Official/non-official TWRP
- Auto-fetch Latest SuperSU
- Install unofficial Xiaomi.eu ROMs (stable/developer)
- TWRP recovery flash
- Unlock bootloader
- Lock bootloader
- Fastboot flash
- Fastboot unlock (via MiFlashUnlock)/lock
With the help of this tool, now users do not have to search for the ROM compatible with their device. The Auto-fetching tool will automatically find and download the required ROM files from the server of Xiaomi.
All you need here is the Xiaomi Tool and Internet Connectivity and you are good to go. To get your hands on the latest version of Xiaomi tool, keep scrolling.
Note – Although the tool is able to unlock the bootloader of your device yet you will have to take the official unlocking permissions from the Xiaomi server. Thus, linking the device to a granted MI Account is a prerequisite here.
You will also have to enable the USB Debugging as well. To do so follow the below steps –
USB Debugging should be turned on from Developer Options.
- Go to Settings > About Phone > tap the MIUI version several times until the Developer Options is enabled.
- Once done, go back to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > enable USB Debugging.
Xiaomi Tool Download
Xiaomi tool can be downloaded on both Windows as well as Linux. the latest version 2 of the tool is here to download which differs from the version one in Interface design. Use the below-mentioned download links –
Here is the changelog for version 2 of Xiaomi Tool –
- Fixed TWRP wipe cache and data shell error.
- Improved UI with a new server response view for official ROM install validation.
- Improved UI flow with the aborted installation.
- Improved log for better procedure execution.
- Support to current branch MIUI ROM fetches (for example branded MIUI versions).
- Fixed reboot after TWRP installation would replace TWRP with stock recovery.
- General minor bug fixes.
Latest Windows Xiaomi Tool Version 2
Xiaomi Tool Version 2 for Linux OS
How to install Xiaomi Tool on Windows?
Step 1. To begin with, Download the executable Installer file from the links mentioned above.
Step 2. Now double click on the installer file so as to launch it.
Step 3. If you are asked by Windows UAC, simply click on YES.
Step 4. Now click and on the Next button. The tool will be soon installed. Once it is installed, open it.
Step 5. You will be asked to allow the Software to access network by Windows Defender Firewall. Simply click on the ‘Allow Access‘ option. This is crucial as the tool needs an internet connection in order to download
Step 6. Now select your region from the list of countries displayed where Xiaomi releases its devices. In case you do not see your country listed there, click on the option of Other Region.
Step 7. The Xiaomi tool will now download and install the required driver’s software automatically. When it is done installing, you will see the Xiaomi tool and its main interface.
That is it. You have successfully downloaded and installed the Xiaomi tool. Now you get two options in this tool.
How to Flash Fastboot Firmware with Mi Flash Tool?
- Flashing Fastboot firmware using Mi Flash Tool will introduce system changes. Hence make sure to have a complete backup of your device data first.
- Download Xiaomi Flash Tool on your PC .
- Download the appropriate Fastboot ROM on the PC.
- USB Cables.
Now you can begin with flashing Fastboot firmware using Mi Flash Tool –
- Extract the Downloaded Fastboot Firmware and the Mi Flash tool and unzip the later.
- Move to the installation via Exe file from the folder.
- Then click on ‘Browse‘ when you enter the tool interface.
- Attach the ROM File.
- Boot your Xiaomi device into Fastboot Mode. For this, just switch off the device and long press Volume Down + Power keys, together.
- Now connect your Xiaomi phone to the PC using proper working USB Cables.
- Then enter the tool interface and see if the device is connected.
- Choose the flashing option of your choice from ‘Flash all’, ‘Flash all except storage’, and ‘Flash all except data and storage’.
- Now hit the flash button from the top portion and be patient until the procedure is done with.
- Finally, reboot your device once the procedure is done with.
That is it. You have successfully flashed Fastboot firmware on your Xiaomi device using Xiaomi Flash Tool.
One is for the Normal devices that offer some great modifications while the other is for bricked or broken devices of Xiaomi. With the function for normal devices, Official ROMs, rooting with Magisk, TWRP, etc, are possible.
That was all about Xiaomi Tool. I assume you have found the article and the tool of use. In case you want us to write on anything related to Xiaomi, feel free to let u know in the comment section below.
Keep visiting 🙂