Xiaomi users have a number of amazing tools and software to support them for almost every activity on the device. One such tool is the Qualcomm Product Support Tool. If you are wondering what the QPST is then it is just another official firmware flashing tool from Qualcomm.
In this article, we are sharing the links to download QPST Flashing Tool or Qualcomm Product Support Tool along with its features and uses.
QPST Flashing Tool or Qualcomm Product Support Tool is pointed to work for any of the Xiaomi devices that are powered by the Qualcomm chipset. Well, that’s a lot of Xiaomi devices since most of them are Qualcomm powered.
Now we all aware of the fact that Google frequently releases their Security updates which are followed by almost all OEMs of the world including Xiaomi. Xiaomi always makes sure to roll out these security updates as soon as possible after Google’s releases.
Although these updates come with the motive of providing more security for the users, they aren’t as good for those users who have somehow modified or tweaked their Xiaomi devices. For such users, these updates may cause damage.
Let us take, for example, the recently rolled out Anti-rollback protection. This security measure causes trouble for those users who have done some adventures on their devices and also tricks the entire flashing process.
This applies even to the stock MIUI ROM. Eventually, as a result of a failure in responding to the security mechanism, the device gets bricked.
At this point, even the Mi Flash tool comes to no use. And here is where the QPST Flashing Tool comes in the picture. This tool helps users in flashing the required ROM using the Test-point method or EDL Mode.
Features of QPST Flashing tool
- Flash Service Programming data file.
- Flash MIUI Stock firmware.
- RF Calibration.
- Helpful in preventing bricking of Xiaomi phones.
- In-built QFIL Flash Tool.
- Advanced QPST Configuration.
- Save Service Programming data file.
- Multiple devices flashing.
- Backup Non-volatile (NV) memory content
- Compatible with Qualcomm powered Xiaomi devices.
- Restore NV backups.
- Standalone installer.
- Serial ports and active client monitoring.
Download Qualcomm Product Support Tool
The below mentioned is the link to download the Qualcomm Product Support Tool. Thanks to Qualcomm Mobility Inc. for creating and sharing the QPST Tool with all.
This version that has been included below is supportive to the Xiaomi Redmi, Redmi Note, and Mi phones powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC including all recent variants such as Mi 8, Mi 6X, Redmi Note 5, Poco F1, Mi A2, Redmi S2, Redmi Note 6 Pro, and similar others.
The links mentioned below is a direct download link and is hosted on a number of servers. The below-mentioned file is in .zip format and hence one will have to unzip the below file so as to extract the installer along with the QPST tool files.
How to use QPST Flash Tool
Here is how you can use QPST Flash Tool so as to Flash Stock firmware on Qualcomm powered devices –
- Download and install QPST Tool from the above-given links.
- Download and install Qualcomm USB Drivers on your PC.
- Working USB Cables.
- Qualcomm powered device.
- Take a complete backup of your device data since flashing firmware on Qualcomm powered device using QPST will result in wiping out of all the data..
- Firmware file that you want to flash.
Use QPST Flash tool –
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Go to the C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\ folder on your PC.
- Open the QPST Config.
- After launching QPST Config, click on Port Menu.
- Then click on Starts Clients menu and choose Software Download.
- You will now see the Dialog box of QPST Software Download.
- Click on Phone Image and then the ‘Browse‘ button.
- Locate Firmware (.hex) on your PC which you are willing to flash to the Qualcomm device.
- In the Boot Image section, hit the Browse button and look for BOOT_LOADER.HEX file.
- Finally hit the Start button.
- The flashing process will now begin.
You will soon see a Green bar in front of ‘File‘ which indicates that the flashing process has finished. You can now disconnect your Qualcomm powered device from the PC and also reboot it.
I hope the article was of use. In case you have come across any issues with this tool or your Xiaomi device fell free to ask us in the comment section below. We will be happy to help you all.
Thank you for visiting 🙂