If you are looking for a way to Download and Install TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi devices, in this article we are sharing with you all the information about TWRP Recovery and how you can install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi devices. So what are you still waiting for? Hop in!
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP is the abbreviation for the Team Win Recovery Project. TWRP is an open-source custom recovery image which is based on Android devices. TWRP Recovery is useful in installing third party firmware and also create a backup for your current system.
The Recovery also supports the installation of custom ROMs, kernels, add-on e.g. Gapps and other mods. With the help of TWRP Recovery, you can wipe, format, install, or backup your system. It can be used in flashing and rooting Android devices.
Download TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi/Redmi Devices
- Xiaomi Mi Max Pro (helium)
- Xiaomi Mi 2/2S (aries)
- Xiaomi Mi 3 (cancro)
- Xiaomi Mi 4c (libra)
- Xiaomi Mi 4i (ferrari)
- Xiaomi Mi 5 (gemini)
- Xiaomi Mi 5s (capricon)
- Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus (natrium)
- Xiaomi Mi 6 (sagit)
- Xiaomi Mi Max (hydrogen/helium)
- Xiaomi Mi Mix (lithium)
- Xiaomi Mi Pad (mocha)
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S (armani)
- Xiaomi Redmi 3 (ido)
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S/Prime/3X (land)
- Xiaomi Redmi 4X (santoni)
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A (rolex)
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 (rosy)
- Xiaomi Redmi 5A (riva)
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus / Redmi Note 5 (vince)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 (hermes)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (kenzo/kate)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 MTK (hennessy)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4/4X (mido)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G Single SIM (dior)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A / Redmi Y1 Lite (ugglite)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime / Redmi Y1 (ugg)
- Xiaomi Mi A1 (tissot)
How to Install TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi devices
Given below is a well-explained guide on how to install TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi devices. But before that, here are some requirements that you must follow first –
- Firstly, make sure to have a complete backup of your device data. Unlocking Bootloader, which is a necessity to install TWRP Recovery, will wipe all the data on your device. This includes files, installed apps, documents, media, and so on. So do not forget to take a backup first.
- Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi device.
- Enable OEM unlocking on the Xiaomi device.
- Enable USB debugging on Xiaomi devices.
- Install Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Download Android SDK platform-tools or you can also download minimal ADB and Fastboot tools.
- Reliable and working USB cables to establish a secure connection between your Xiaomi device and the PC.
- Make sure to have at least 60% battery power on your Xiaomi device. Or else you will have to start the procedure from the beginning.
Step 1. First of all, download TWRP image file for a Xiaomi device from the links mentioned above.
Step 2. Move this downloaded TWRP image file to ADB and Fastboot folder on your PC.
Step 3. Now boot the Xiaomi device into Fastboot mode and connect the devices with PC using USB Cable.
Step 4. Now open a Command window on Windows PC or Terminal Window for Linux or Mac OS.
For Windows –
- Go to the folder where the ADB and Fastboot tools have been installed (e.g. C:\platform-tools).
- Now press the SHIFT key on the keyboard and right-click on any empty space in this folder.
- Select the ‘Open PowerShell window here’ option.
For macOS/Linux –
- Open the Terminal Window and change its directory (using ‘cd’ command) to the folder where the ADB and Fastboot tools are installed (e.g. Documents/platform-tools).
Step 5. Now enter the below command to enter the Xiaomi device into Bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
Step 6. Then enter the below command to see if your device has been detected by ADB –
Step 7. You should now see a device ID on the screen. However, if you do not see one, just check once again if you have followed all the steps and prerequisites carefully.
Step 8. Enter the below command to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi device –
fastboot flash recovery recovery-image-filename.img
Step 9. Just make sure to enter the actual file name of the TWRP image file in the above command at the italic font.
Step 10. Finally, reboot the Xiaomi device into TWRP Recovery by executing the below command –
That’s it. You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi device.
In case you are stuck at any of the above steps, firstly check if you have followed all the prerequisites and steps with attention.
I hope the above article helped you in installing TWRP on Xiaomi devices. In case there are any doubts, ask us in the comment box below. We will be glad to help you out.